The band program is open to all students in grades 5-8. Our instructor, Ms. Megan Burkle, visits our school twice a week and teaches students in beginning band and advanced band. There are two yearly performances at Pius X High School. Students will be introduced to the various band instruments including: flute, clarinet, alto sax, trumpet/cornet, French horn, trombone and snare drum/percussion. Students participating in the program will receive group instruction during the school day.
- Make a commitment for the entire school year.
- Bring instrument to school on the day of lesson.
- Attend lessons unless ill or involved in an important school activity.
- Practice daily.
- Provide a tunable, playable instrument. Provide repairs to instruments not found to be in tunable, playable condition.
- Purchase books and supplies for their student.
- Transport students to and from the full band rehearsals twice per school year.
- Support and encourage your students to practice!
For more information regarding Blessed Sacrament’s band program, please contact Ms. Megan Burkle at firstname.lastname@example.org.