“What’s the procedure on how to drop off and pick up my child from school?”
Please refer to the picture regarding traffic flow. The big things to remember:
Morning drop off:
1) DO NOT PARK IN THE DROP OFF CUTOUTS IN THE MORNING. This is enforced from 7:45-8:05. Students are not monitored outside until 7:45. The bell rings to let the students into the building at 7:50. ***Please do not park in the cutouts and wait to drop off from 7:45 on.***
2) If you would like to walk your child to the front door, please feel free to do so, however, you need to park your car in the east lot or on a side street. This also applies if you need to run into the office, etc.
3) NEVER DROP OFF A STUDENT OFF IN THE CROSSWALK OR ON LAKE STREET IF YOU AREN’T PARKED!!!
4) Pull *COMPLETELY INTO* the cutout before your kids get out of the car. If your vehicle is half sticking out into Lake Street, you back up traffic behind. It is a very narrow street.
5) If you use the cutouts for drop off, please do so ***quickly***. This is NOT the time to put on shoes, sign notes, eat breakfast, etc.
6) When pulling into the school lot, traffic moves in a counter clockwise circle ALWAYS.
Afternoon pick up
1) You MAY park in the cutouts for afternoon pickup!
2) Students may *never* enter a car on Lake Street that is not parked in the cutouts. Parents, PLEASE don’t ask your child to do this- it’s very dangerous!!
3) Students are monitored until 3:30. Please have your student picked up no later than that time.
These rules will be enforced from day 1. We will have several people standing outside to make sure traffic flows well. Please feel free to ask them for assistance. Student safety is our #1 priority!! Go Comets!